VIOLIN Logo
VO Banner
Search: for Help
About
Introduction
Statistics
VIOLIN News
Your VIOLIN
Register or Login
Submission
Tutorial
Vaccine & Components
Vaxquery
Vaxgen
VBLAST
Protegen
VirmugenDB
DNAVaxDB
CanVaxKB
Vaxjo
Vaxvec
Vevax
Huvax
Vaccine Mechanisms
Vaximmutordb
Vaxism
Vaxar
Vaccine Literature
VO-SciMiner
Litesearch
Vaxmesh
Vaxlert
Vaccine Design
Vaxign
Community Efforts
Vaccine Ontology
ICoVax 2012
ICoVax 2013
Advisory Committee
Vaccine Society
Vaxperts
VaxPub
VaxCom
VaxLaw
VaxMedia
VaxMeet
VaxFund
VaxCareer
Data Exchange
V-Utilities
VIOLINML
Help & Documents
Publications
Documents
FAQs
Links
Acknowledgements
Disclaimer
Contact Us
UMMS Logo

Vaccine Detail

Melanoma DNA vaccine pUB-TRP-2 encoding a fusion protein linking murine ubiquitin (UB) to the N-terminus of the full-length mTRP-2
Vaccine Information
  • Vaccine Name: Melanoma DNA vaccine pUB-TRP-2 encoding a fusion protein linking murine ubiquitin (UB) to the N-terminus of the full-length mTRP-2
  • Target Pathogen: Cancer
  • Target Disease: Cancer
  • Vaccine Ontology ID: VO_0004443
  • Type: DNA vaccine
  • Status: Research
  • Host Species as Laboratory Animal Model: Mouse
  • Ubiquitin gene engineering:
    • Type: DNA vaccine construction
    • Description:
    • Detailed Gene Information: Click Here.
  • Trp2 gene engineering:
    • Type: DNA vaccine construction
    • Description:
    • Detailed Gene Information: Click Here.
  • DNA vaccine plasmid: pcDNA3.1 DNA vaccine plasmid
  • Immunization Route: Intramuscular injection (i.m.)
Host Response

Mouse Response

  • Vaccine Immune Response Type: VO_0000286
  • Efficacy: A week after the last immunization, mice were challenged subcutaneously with 2 105 B16F1 cells. Control mice and mice immunized with pTRP-2 showed rapid tumor growth, whereas 85% of mice immunized with pUB-TRP-2 were free of tumors and the remaining 15% of the mice exhibited almost complete suppression of tumor growth. Strictly, all mice immunized with pUB-TRP-2 survived over 80 days after implantation of tumor cells, although all mice of the other two groups died within 60 days. Furthermore, immunization with pUB-TRP-2 was also effective in suppressing the growth of B16F10 melanoma cells, a more virulent type of melanoma (Zhang et al., 2005).
References
Zhang et al., 2005: Zhang M, Obata C, Hisaeda H, Ishii K, Murata S, Chiba T, Tanaka K, Li Y, Furue M, Chou B, Imai T, Duan X, Himeno K. A novel DNA vaccine based on ubiquitin-proteasome pathway targeting 'self'-antigens expressed in melanoma/melanocyte. Gene therapy. 2005; 12(13); 1049-1057. [PubMed: 15800663].