|| Vaccine Ontology: A community-based effort to develop the Vaccine Ontology (VO) for vaccine data standardization and automated reasoning. VO is being developed by collaboration with the Ontology for Biomedical Investigations (OBI), the National Center for Biomedical Ontology (NCBO) and the Infectious Disease Ontology (IDO) initiative.
- 08/12/2014: Oliver spoke at the Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s Ninth Annual "Novel Vaccines" conference, as part of the ImVacS (The Immunotherapies and Vaccine Summit), Boston, MA. His presentation talk is: "Databases and in silico Tools for Vaccine Design". VIOLIN is a focus of his talk.
- 6/7/2014: Oliver's Expert Reviews in Vaccines paper (PMID: 24909153) was published. In this paper, Oliver introduced VIOLIN and how Vaccine Ontology and other ontologies are able to help vaccine efficacy and vaccine adverse event research. He also proposed a so-called “One Network (OneNet) Theory of Life” and ontology-based strategies to study the OneNet interaction network mechanisms of individual organisms including humans.
- 3/27/2014: Announced the VaximmutorDB project. This project focuses on annotation and analysis of vaccine-induced immune factor responses.
- 3/19/2014: The full content of the supplement "ICoVax 2013" were released at http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcbioinformatics/supplements/15/S4.
- 1/2014: VIOLIN update paper was published in NAR. PMID: 24259431.
|Latest Vaccine Publications >>
Moorthy V, Newman R, Duclos P, Okwo-Bele J, Smith P. Assessment of the RTS,S/AS01 malaria vaccine The Lancet infectious diseases 2013 [PMID: 23454165]
Chuang I, Sedegah M, Cicatelli S, Spring M, Polhemus M, Tamminga C, Patterson N, Guerrero M, Bennett JW, McGrath S, Ganeshan H, Belmonte M, Farooq F, Abot E, Banania JG, Huang J, Newcomer R, Rein L, Litilit D, Richie NO, Wood C, Murphy J, Sauerwein R, Hermsen CC, McCoy AJ, Kamau E, Cummings J, Komisar J, Sutamihardja A, Shi M, Epstein JE, Maiolatesi S, Tosh D, Limbach K, Angov E, Bergmann-Leitner E, Bruder JT, Doolan DL, King CR, Carucci D, Dutta S, Soisson L, Diggs C, Hollingdale MR, Ockenhouse CF, Richie TL. DNA Prime/Adenovirus Boost Malaria Vaccine Encoding P. falciparum CSP and AMA1 Induces Sterile Protection Associated with Cell-Mediated Immunity PloS one 8(2):e55571 2013 [PMID: 23457473]
|Statistics: The VIOLIN vaccine database contains
3461 vaccines or vaccine candidates for
211 pathogens by manual curation from
2392 peer-reviewed papers. It also contains 24,345 vaccine-related abstracts and 10,317 full text documents.
Please cite this publication for VIOLIN:
He Y, Racz R, Sayers S, Lin Y, Todd T, Hur J, Li X, Patel M, Zhao B, Chung M, Ostrow J, Sylora A, Dungarani P, Ulysse G, Kochhar K, Vidri B, Strait K, Jourdian GW, Xiang Z. Updates on the web-based VIOLIN vaccine database and analysis system. Nucleic Acids Research. 2014. 42 (D1): D1124-D1132. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkt1133. First published online: November 19, 2013. [NAR] [PubMed PMID: 24259431] [PDF] [PMCID: PMC3964998]
Or the previous VIOLIN manuscript:
Zuoshuang Xiang, Thomas Todd, Kim P. Ku, Bethany L. Kovacic, Charles B. Larson, Fang Chen, Andrew P. Hodges, Yuying Tian, Elizabeth A. Olenzek, Boyang Zhao, Lesley A. Colby, Howard G. Rush, Janet R. Gilsdorf, George W. Jourdian, Yongqun He. VIOLIN: Vaccine Investigation and Online Information Network. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Jan;36(Database issue):D923-8. [NAR] [PubMed PMID: 18025042] [PMCID: PMC2238972] [PDF].
More publications for citing specific VIOLIN programs
© 2007-2014 University of Michigan. VIOLIN data and tools are freely available for public use.